If you are taking regular medication, a further supply of medication can be obtained on request, subject to your doctor’s approval. Please allow at least 48 hours for this to be processed and let us know which chemist you wish to collect the medicines from. Please note prescriptions are only processed Monday – Friday.
How to order:
- Online Via Patient Access https://www.patientaccess.com/
- Via your preferred chemist in person
- If you give them permission they will take over the arrangements for ordering your prescription when it is due and dispense it ready for you to collect.
- Posting your request in an envelope addressed to the practice where you are registered.
- E-mailing your request to email@example.com
Please allow two working days before you collect your prescription
Further information in respect of repeat prescribing is available on our website.
Electronic Prescription Service (EPS)
EPS enables us to send prescriptions electronically to a pharmacy of your choice. This makes the prescribing and dispensing process more efficient and convenient for patients and staff.
EPS is reliable, secure and confidential. Your electronic prescription will be seen by the same people in GP practices, pharmacies and NHS prescription payment and fraud agencies that see your paper prescription now.
- The prescription is an electronic message so there is no paper prescription to lose.
- You don’t need a computer to use it.
- As soon as the doctor has signed it electronically, it is then sent to the chemist. There is no waiting for the chemist to collect the prescription from us.
- This is our preferred method of sending your prescription.
How do I sign up for EPS?
- All you need to do is tick the box when you reorder your next prescription and select your normal chemist, and we will add this as your nomination.
- Or you can speak to your normal chemist and they will sign you up to it.